||18 & LIFE: TOMMY DENANDER (PAUL STANLEY, ALICE COOPER, BB KING, DON HENLEY)
1. WHAT'S THE BEST BAND YOU'VE EVER SEEN LIVE?
TOTO 1982 on the the 'IV' tour.
2. IF YOU COULD TAKE JUST ONE THING ONTO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU, WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
My signature VGS guitar with True Temperment frets and Evertune bridge cause I would never go out of tune and I would write a lot of new songs haha.
3. IF YOU COULD TRAVEL BACK IN TIME TO MEET ONE PERSON FROM HISTORY WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
Mozart... I think he knew how to party well :)
Article continues below...
4. WHAT'S YOUR CURRENT CAR?
A lovely little Toyota Yaris.
5. PLAYSTATION, X BOX OR Wii, AND HAVE YOU A FAVOURITE GAME?
Wii and I love the simple games like bowling and table tennis as well as good quiz games.
6. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE TYPE OF FOOD?
Spicy chicken with a greek salad.
7. IF YOU COULD BE SOMEONE ELSE JUST FOR ONE DAY WHO WOULD IT BE?
Megan Fox... I would stay home and play with myself for 24 hours and hope I would remember it well after becoming me again haha...
8. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE COUNTRY YOU'VE VISITED?
I've been in so many countries and it's really hard to pick a favorite because so many of them are amazing but the one place where I can find everything I need is actually my home country of Sweden.
9. DO YOU BELIEVE IN GHOSTS OR UFO'S AND HAVE YOU HAD ANY EXPERIENCES YOU CAN SHARE WITH US?
I grew up in a haunted house and I've had several pretty cool UFO experiences, not met any aliens but had very close encounters with UFO's 5-6 times since I was a kid and most of the times together with several other people so I know I'm not crazy haha... so YES to both!!!
10. WHAT POSTER DID YOU HAVE ON YOUR WALL AS A TEENAGER?
Four walls and ceiling filled with KISS posters...
11. WHAT'S THE MOST UNUSUAL PLACE YOU'VE EVER HAD SEX?
How many answer "in the ass"? hahaha
I guess the only unusual place is on a flight from Sweden to LA, in my seat with my girlfriend at the time, in the middle of the night where they dim the lights...
12. FAVOURITE FILM & TV SHOW OF ALL TIME?
Lord Of The Rings trilogy and Friends.
13. INCLUDING YOURSELF IN AN ALL STAR BAND, DEAD OR ALIVE, PICK THE OTHER MEMBERS YOU WOULD LIKE TO PLAY ALONGSIDE.
Jeff Porcaro on drums, Nathan East on bass, David Foster on piano, Richard Page on vocals and me + Mike Landau on guitars :)
14. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK?
Whiskey or Sambuca
15. WHAT'S YOUR FUNNIEST TOUR BUS STORY?
There are a million funny and weird things but the one I've been thinking about a lot lately is how much I miss touring with Marcel Jacob (RIP)... we used to play trivia games and have long talks about life, politics, music etc... he was a very smart and unique human that left a big hole...
16. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIG YOU EVER WENT TO?
KISS in 1976.
17. WHAT SPORT DO ENJOY PLAYING OR WATCHING THE MOST?
Tennis... to play and watch...
18. Life is truly exciting these days, I'm still doing a lot of guitar sessions and some of the most amazing ones in the last couple of years have been Alice Cooper's 'Welcome 2 My Nightmare', Ricky Martin's 'MAS' which has sold six times Gold, seven times Platinum and even got a Diamond award and of course a song for Michael Jackson that isn't out yet.
There are a huge amount of the regular rock, pop, metal and AOR albums as well.
I'm spending a lot of time as part of the biggest studio in Sweden (www.x-level.se) where I have my studio as well as being a&r for the record label, we've had several artist go number 1 in Sweden in the last couple of months.
My signature VGS guitar just came out in the 3rd version called TD-Special Honey Burst and it's selling really well and is drop dead beautiful :)
I've been touring the whole world from Japan to South America with Legends Voices Of Rock and The Bobby Kimball Band together with singers like Bobby, Fergie Frederiksen (RIP), Joe Lynn Turner, Jimi Jamison, Graham Bonnet, Eric Martin, Bill Champlin, Robin Beck, Steve Augeri and more which has been a dream come true, we headlined Firefest last year and in Faroe Islands we sold 13,000 tickets!!
So it's safe to say that I am staying busy :)