||18 & LIFE: PEKKA HEINO OF FINNISH BAND BROTHER FIRETRIBE
1. WHAT'S THE BEST BAND YOU'VE EVER SEEN LIVE?
Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band. No contest.
2. ARE YOU AFRAID OF ANYTHING AND WHAT'S YOUR FEAR?
Losing someone close to me.
3. IF YOU COULD HOST A DINNER PARTY AND INVITE ANY TWO PEOPLE FROM HISTORY ALIVE OR DEAD WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
Frank Sinatra and David Lee Roth.
4. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE HORROR MOVIE?
I'm not into horror movies but Amityville Horror scared me shitless.
Article continues below...
5. WHO ARE YOUR HEROES, THE PEOPLE WHO INSPIRED YOU TO GET INTO MUSIC?
Michael Monroe and Hanoi Rocks started it all for me.
6. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE TYPE OF FOOD/DISH?
I love fish in general.
7. WHAT WAS FIRST ROCK ALBUM YOU EVER BROUGHT?
'Midnite Dynamos' by Matchbox. I still have it.
8. WHAT WOULD YOU SAY YOUR CAREER HIGHS AND LOWS HAVE BEEN?
The highest of highs have always been the fact that I've been lucky to play with great musicians and friends. Every low point I can think of pales in comparison to that.
9. DO YOU BELIEVE IN GHOSTS OR UFO'S AND HAVE YOU HAD ANY EXPERIENCES YOU CAN SHARE WITH US?
No. I know a lot of guys who could pass as a ghost on Sunday mornings. Does that count?
10. YOUR CHILLING AT HOME AND PUT ON AN ALBUM BY AN ARTIST SOMEONE WOULD NOT ASSOCIATE YOU WITH. WHAT WOULD BE YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE?
I'm proud and enthusiastic about all the music I find myself liking. I love cool jazz and yacht rock for example, some people may find that deeply disturbing, I don't know.
11. WHAT'S THE MOST UNUSUAL PLACE YOU'VE EVER HAD SEX?
At a turkey farm in Alaska. But what was really unusual was that I was dressed as Ben Matlock. And I was alone.
12. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE COMEDY TV SHOW OF ALL TIME?
Fawlty Towers and Police Squad.
13. WHAT IS THE ONE THING IN LIFE YOU SIMPLY CANNOT DO WITHOUT?
14. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK?
Wines, champagne, cavas, Scotch whiskeys, bourbon.
15. WHAT'S YOUR FUNNIEST TOUR BUS STORY?
The anonymous bass player breaking every tour bus rule you can imagine. All of them within a 12 hour time frame.
16. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIG YOU EVER WENT TO?
The first real concert was Yngwie Malmsteen with Fate supporting back in 1988.
17. WHAT SPORT DO ENJOY PLAYING OR WATCHING THE MOST?
Ice hockey and boxing. Lately I've found myself following UFC too. Actually I´m watching hockey as we speak!
18. WHAT ARE YOU UP TO AT THE MOMENT AND WHAT'S YOUR PLANS FOR THE NEXT SIX MONTHS?
It's all about doing shows and hoping to tour with Brother Firetribe after the summer until the end of the year.