The First Annual Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund Gala will be held on Tuesday 1st November at the World Famous Playboy Mansion.
The event will include cocktails and gourmet food stations created by renowned chef William S Bloxsom-Carter, a silent auction and a performance by Asia featuring John Payne. Guests will be treated to tours of the Mansion grounds and world-famous grotto.
Article continues below...
According to an update, six distinguished supporters will receive awards on the night. They will be presented to six distinguished honorees for their contributions to spreading awareness of Fund's important work.
A privately funded 501C3 charity organization dedicated to cancer prevention, research and education, the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund has already raised more than $500,000 in its short history. Monies raised have been committed to the cancer research work of the TJ Martell Foundation for Cancer, AIDS and Leukemia Research and the gastric cancer research unit of the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, where Ronnie was treated for gastric cancer during the last six months of his life, according to Wendy Dio, widow of the late singer and Fund President/Founder.
Eddie Trunk of VH1 Classic's That Metal Show will serve as Special Guest emcee. Awards named after songs written by Ronnie James Dio will be presented to the following honorees:
* Man on the Silver Mountain Award: Tony Martell, founder of the T.J. Martell Foundation, which has funded innovative medical research to find cures and treatments for leukemia, cancer and AIDS for nearly 40 years.
* Rainbow In The Dark Award: Mike Carden, cancer survivor and President, North America, Eagle Rock Entertainment, leading independent record label.
* King Of Rock 'n' Roll Award: Terry 'Geezer' Butler, bassist for Black Sabbath and Heaven And Hell, and longtime bandmate and friend of Ronnie James Dio.
* Sacred Heart Award: Sandeep Kapoor, M.D., Medical Director/Co-Founder of the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund;
* Killing The Dragon Award: Danny Zelisko, concert promoter and cancer survivor, President, Danny Zelisko Presents, Phoenix.
* Stand Up And Shout Award: Rita Haney, a tireless fund-raiser, Founder of Dimebash, in memory of her husband 'Dimebag' Darrell Abbott.
"Ronnie would be proud to witness the legacy he's left behind," says Fund chairman Gloria Butler. "Sadly, we've all known people that have suffered this cruel disease, cancer. Most of us have lost loved ones far too early. If only... if only there was more money for research to be able to find cures for all of the cancers. Maybe someday people will be able to reflect on how their ancestors strived to make a difference in finding a cure. What now seems like a fantasy may prove to someday be a reality."
The Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund is a Non-Profit 501(c)(3) charity. Single tickets are $750.00 and Tables of 10 are $10,000.
Sign up here for your free MetalTalk Newsletter...