As I Lay Dying are premiering a new music video for their take on the Judas Priest classic 'Electric Eye' which you can see below. The song appears on the recently released EP, 'Decas', which marks the band's 10 year anniversary.
The clip was shot with director Paul Brown (My Chemical Romance, Staind, Stone Sour) at El Mirage Lake, a dry lake bed in the Mojave Desert of San Bernardino County, California.
"After a long day of sunburns and drought out in the desert I'm glad to be done fighting scorpions for the filming of Electric Eye. We came out victorious, but we probably couldn't have done it without the classic Metal inspiration of Halford and Priest's legendary guitar melodies," explains frontman Tim Lambesis.
Article continues below...
The 'Decas' EP also features three brand new songs, three additional covers that pay homage to just a few of the bands that have influenced As I Lay Dying, and remixes by Innerpartysystem (Katy Perry, Ladyhawke, Thursday, Good Charlotte and many others), Benjamin Weinman (The Dillinger Escape Plan), Kelly 'Carnage' Cairns (Austrian Death Machine, War of Ages), and Big Chocolate (Asking Alexandria, iwrestledabearonce, Suicide Silence).
As I Lay Dying will kick off their US headline run on the A Decade of Destruction Tour on November 30th with special guests Of Mice and Men, The Ghost Inside, iwrestledabearonce, and Sylosis.
'Decas' EP tracklisting:
2. From Shapeless to Breakable
3. Moving Forward
4. War Ensemble (Slayer cover)
5. Hellion (Judas Priest Cover)
6. Electric Eye (Judas Priest Cover)
7. Coffee Mug (Descendents cover)
8. Beneath the Encasing of Ashes (Re-Recorded Medley)
9. The Blinding of False Light (Innerpartysystem Remix)
10. Wrath Upon Ourselves (Benjamin Weinman Remix)
11. Confined (Kelly "Carnage" Cairns Remix)
12. Elegy (Big Chocolate Remix)